Encouraging the students’ international mobility and taking part to conferences is one of the goals of the Doctoral school.
Two axis have been put forward by our school :
- Supporting the students to attend symposiums and conferences, workshops etc…
- Supporting the students for missions in foreign labs.
Financial support for conferences-workshop-summer school
Taking part and presenting their results at conferences, congresses, is an important moment for the doctoral students which enables them to integrate their scientific community and to showcase their work. The doctoral school therefore offers to sponsor part of the of the mission’s financing to a maximum amount of 50 %, depending on the budget available at the time of the request ; the other half should be supported by funding from the student’s lab. The doctoral school will pay the amount allotted to the laboratory of Université Sorbonne Paris Nord once the assignment is completed and provided that the bills are submitted. No transfer will be done directly to the PhD student.
No refund will be done if the assignment and the amount authorised have not be validated priorly by the directing staff of the DS.
The doctoral school will finance mainly the doctoral students who take part in these scientific events “actively”, that to say in the form of an oral presentation or of a poster.
In order to request for funding, contact the administration of the doctoral school by email specifying :
- The date and the type of scientific event to be attended (conference, symposium, workshop..). Indicate the website if any.
- An argued letter specifying the nature and the participation to this event (oral presentation, poster …)
- A provisional budget with :
- the enrolment fees
- the transport fees
- the amount for the stay
- The origin of the extra funding
- The agreement of the thesis supervisor (having her/him copied in the email is sufficient proof)
After having been granted all the permissions from the doctoral school, the PhD candidate will have to liaise with her/his lab in order to complete the administrative tasks required (namely obtaining an “ordre de mission” or mission order).
Financial support for international mobility abroad
The missions funded by these credits are missions from 1 to 4 weeks maximum for a research work, that’s to say out of the school, conferences or congresses (these missions can already be partly funded, see above). These international missions should be done with existing or newly emerging partnerships with the foreign laboratory.
How does this work ?
- The doctoral school supports a maximum amount of 50% of the mission, the other half can be done by fundings given by the Laboratory. The doctoral school will refund the Laboratory of Université Sorbonne Paris Nord the amount granted once the mission is completed and provided that the bills are submitted.
- The funds given are taken from the 2020 budget. Therefore, the bills must be sent to the doctoral school before October 10th 2020. No refund will be done after this date.
- Once the doctoral school has granted permission to the candidate, she/he, will liaise with her/his laboratory in order to do all the administrative tasks required concerning her/his mission (namely the “ordre de mission” or mission order).
- For each request, the support of the doctoral school will be calculated according to the amount requested and to the number of applications submitted. The validation, and eventually the selection, of the applications will be done by the doctoral school board.
Due to the health crisis, the 2020 international missions of PhD students who were supposed to benefit from ED support have been cancelled. In order not to penalize these PhD students, the direction of the ED decided to transfer the budget dedicated to this mobility to the benefit of these PhD students so that they can carry out their mission in 2021. Therefore, and considering the ED budget, we will unfortunately not be able to launch a call for international mobility for the year 2021.
The call for applications for 2020 is now opened. You will find in document below all the useful information : time of the mission, fundings, application to be submitted etc…
The deadline for submission of the applications is 11/29/2019